Wednesday, March 6, 2013




Haiku Attempts
I like the first line.
--wondering about the others...


Snow awakens soul
Breathes life to my anxious heart
glistening joy flows

Snow awakens soul
Speaks truth to my wond'ring heart
Abundant peace flows
                          (or reigns?)

Snow awakens soul
Speaks truth to my thoughtful heart
Silences my doubt 


Snow awakens soul
Speaks softly, grants inner peace
Tranquil thoughts follow
                           (or free flow?)
                             

4 comments:

  1. Shelley, I love that you wrote like this with an option for a different ending. Very creative. Very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is like opening your head and letting us glimpse your writing process. I would have never thought to share my process like this--it usually all about the finished piece of work.

    All are lovely options, but I am partial to the word choice in the third version. 'speaks truth to my thoughtful heart' is a line that speaks to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your writing process; what a treat! I like the first two lines of option number one...what if you combined it with the third line in option number three?

    "Snow awakens soul
    Breathes life to my anxious heart
    silences my doubt"

    But, honestly, every option is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your kind and helpful comments. I shared these with my students this week...

    ReplyDelete