Thursday, March 21, 2013

Conflicting Confrontation

Just some ponderings...

Sometimes in life it's hard to stand up for the right thing...And then it's difficult to know if you're doing the RIGHT thing or making something out of nothing!  

Most of my life I've been the quiet one who takes it all in until I've had enough.  I've worked more recently (last five years or so) on communicating concerns and frustrations before they are all-consuming.  

That's stressful.  

Sometimes it IS easier just to ignore situations until they build to unhealthy levels.  Confrontation is never easy...whether it's early in the game or later--when too much has been left unsaid for too long...

Just thinking...

8 comments:

  1. Funny, I've become less confrontational as I've gotten older (and hopefully wiser). I realize that many things are not important enough to confront. The art is knowing when and how to confront, do you agree?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I do agree; however, as I get older, I see that many people refuse to confront certain issues NOT out of wisdom--but out of fear...Fear of looking bad...fear of not being accepted...fear of standing out...Just plain fear.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Confrontation is uncomfortable, but remaining silent in the face of something wrong is also uncomfortable. Speak up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to comment, Tara! I agree...

      Delete
  4. For me it has been a matter of control the things you can and let go of those you can't. It helps one identify those issues which require addressing. It's true that confronting some matters in our lives create a level of personal discomfort, but ignoring them is often more stressful and has potential to affect personal well being.
    On another matter, my blog 'Living Life Twice' has its origins in the fact that as a writer I get to in fact live life twice - in the moment, and in retrospect through my writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to comment! I agree completely, and I love your blog title--as well as your poetry!

      Delete