Friday, March 15, 2013

Psalm 119 Reflection

Today I reflect on God's Word...

Psalm 119:89-96

"Your word, O Lord, is eternal; it stands firm in the heavens.  Your faithfulness continues through all generations; you established the earth, and it endures.  Your laws endure to this day, for all things serve you.  If your law had not been my delight, I would have perished in my affliction.  I will never forget your precepts, for by  them you have preserved my life.  Save me, for I am yours; I have sought out your precepts.  The wicked are waiting to destroy me, but I will ponder your statutes.  To all perfection I see a limit; but your commands are boundless."

Thank you, Father, that ALL THINGS SERVE YOU...NOT the seemingly good things...or right things... or intended things...but ALL things serve YOU.  Our mistakes serve you, our misunderstandings and being misunderstood serve you, our imperfections serve you. May we seek out your precepts and ponder your statutes as we quiet ourselves and let YOU remain forever faithful.  We acknowledge that YOU are the one who preserves our lives...

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful. So comforting. I am blessed to have read this post as my last one for the day. I am off to bed pondering His statutes. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Our God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A apt reflection to end the evening and one I am thankful to be reminded of.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am reading this in the morning! Great reminder for the day! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe you wrote this because I need to hear it.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete