Monday, March 25, 2013

Sledding on this Spring Day

Today we went to the sledding hill.  I assumed it was safe to send five girls ahead of me while I searched for the shed keys to find a couple more sleds.  After all, they're older now...Ages ranging from 11-to-14.

"What are you doing?!" I hollered as I approached the girls on the sledding hill.  "What were you thinking???!!"  The oldest of the five girls had talked the youngest two into lying across the hill, to act as ramps as she snowboarded down, across their bodies.

Fortunately, there were no broken bones...maybe a few bruises...but, of course, these probably won't show up until tomorrow, so they're safe from more reprimands for now.

Girls! Maybe they never outgrow their orneriness!

11 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness - human ramps! I had to reread and make sure these were girls taking crazy chances! :) Sounds like some wild fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my.. you have to give them points for creativity! I'm glad no one was hurt too badly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah...Needless to say, I was quite shocked to find that they THOUGHT this would be ok!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This grandma had to laugh. It reminded me of the time my older son talked my younger son into sticking his head between the posts on the bike rack. What were you thinking was exactly my reaction. Glad that there were no broken bones today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it! I won't mention the bike rack escapade to my kids; that's for sure! :)

      Delete
  5. Kids! So inventive...sometimes in ways that are quite unexpected.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Sledding on This Spring Day" just isn't right. I never thought girls would do this--boys, yes. Did you have a chance to go down the hill?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, and I REGRET not sledding down with them...I usually do! They were so consumed with playing with their friends we took along that they didn't ask me to sled...so I walked up and down the hill for exercise!

      Delete
  7. I knew something was up when the second sentence started with, "I assumed it was safe...". I was quite amazed at what the oldest talked the youmgest into. I am glad no great harm was done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I knew something was up when the second sentence started with, "I assumed it was safe...". I was quite amazed at what the oldest talked the youmgest into. I am glad no great harm was done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh...my...goodness. What a sight that created in my head. I can only imagine. Glad it all turned out okay.

    ReplyDelete