Sunday, March 17, 2013

Letter to a Quadrilateral


Tonight my son had to write a letter to a quadrilateral for a Geometry assignment.  I laughed as I read it, so I decided to share it with each of you:

Dear Mr. S. Quare,

I am writing this letter to let you know why you are my favorite quadrilateral.  There are many reasons why you are my favorite.  These are just a few reasons.  If  I was to write every single reason, I would run out of paper.

You are my favorite quadrilateral because you are so equal with your sides and angles.  You never choose favorites. Everyone knows you by name, and you are so commonly used that I like to think of you as, "The Working Man's Quadrilateral."

Some people have a good side, buy you are so parallel all around, it's hard to decide which side is better. Your only flaw is that you can't roll with the punches very well.  But I'm sure as you get older, you become better at this.  You are a true friend.  You're always there if I need a stepping stool, or if I need a window to see the sunnier side of things  Some people say that it's hard being square, but it obviously isn't for you.

You life-long friend,  

Rozen K.

I love having a son with a great sense of humor!  I am blessed! :)



4 comments:

  1. Too funny and so obvious that he totally understands the characteristics of a square! He's definitely got voice in this piece!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Rozen will remember writing to a square. "Working man's quadrilateral" says it best about a square--always square and fair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahhahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaahahhaahahahhahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaahhahhhahahahahahhahaahahhahaahahahahhahaahhahahaahahahhahzahhahaqahahahahha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOVE IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete